- LL.M. 1987 University of Helsinki
- Trained at the Bench 1989
- Attorney-at-law 1991
- Partner at Susiluoto Attorneys-at-Law Ltd.
- President of the Finnish Bar Association 2007-2010
- Member of the board of the Finnish Bar Association 2001-, Vice President 2004-2007
- Member of the board of the Helsinki Bar Association 1995-1999, and Chairperson 1999-2002
- Member of the 10th division of the Consumer Complaints Committee 1999-2008, memberships in several committees of the Finnish Ministry of Justice
- Mediator in the Finnish Bar Association list of mediators
- Languages: Finnish, English, Swedish
Riitta Leppiniemi has 20 years of experience in criminal, family and inheritance cases and their related court proceedings.