- LL.M. 1982 University of Helsinki
- Attorney-at-law 1987
- Partner at Susiluoto Attorneys-at-Law Ltd.
- Chairman of the Business Software Alliance (BSA) in Finland 1994-2000
- Listings: Finnish attorney listed in the Who is Who of Internet and E-commerce Lawyers, The European Legal 500 directory, and Global Counsel 3000 publication
- Languages: Finnish, Swedish, English
Tapio Susiluoto has 25 years of experience in advocacy work. From the beginning of his career he has taken care of a wide range of court proceedings, many of which have created precedents at the Supreme Court. Nevertheless, he believes that every trial, large or small, is always challenging and must be attended to with the same devotion.
Tapio also acts as an advisor in legal and occasionally also business related issues. His comprehensive experience in working with numerous companies provides valuable insight into business life. Tapio’s clientele includes both small and large businesses, corporations and authorities. In his role as an advisor Tapio frequently participates also in various M&A arrangements.
In the area of Copyright Law Tapio has also participated in drafting legislation, and in lobbying legislative initiatives.
He has been recognised in international publications (e.g. Best Lawyers) as one of the leading specialists in Finland in the field of intellectual property.